3.30.2010

Cuba v2

So. I went to Cuba.

AND.


I got stung by a jellyfish.


YOU HEARD IT HERE, FOLKS.
THE ONLY ONE CAUTIOUS ABOUT GETTING EATEN BY LEVIATHAN OR SWEPT AWAY BY UNDERTOWS WAS THE ONLY ONE TO FACE THE THREATS OF THE OCEAN.

It's not like it was a man 'o' war or anything (and holy crap, were those huge. Well... medium. They were so pretty I wish I could have picked it up), it was just a little jellyfish, or a few little jellyfish, for they stung Nicole as well when the wave swept them against us. We weren't allowed to go into the water that day (not that I would on that grimy, ugly beach), except we could wade in and get splashed by waves. Unfortunately those waves had jellyfish in them. My lower legs stung for the rest of the evening. It sucked. A couple days later we were at the same beach and we saw that the sea had washed up a trail of these little jellyfish. They were about 2 inches big and a beautiful blue coloured. I promptly named them all "Satan".

(I think it's worth noting right now that I am sick in bed whilst typin
g this, and I hear a strange siren that sounds unlike any siren I've ever heard, along with ambulances and firemen and stuff. This siren sounds like an alien invasion, or more specifically, Giygas' attack on Eagleland and surrounding countries)

I DID go into the ocean when we went to the nice beach, though. The one with no jellyfish and you could see right to the bottom.

We also went to this baseball game that lasted like, 5 hours. Baseball is more important there than hockey is to Canada, and I can say that while it impressed me that there was about 50,000 p
eople in the stadium making as much noise as humanly possible, that was the worst 5 hours in my entire life. I hate to say that, because, you know, I'm in freaking Cuba, but I can honestly not remember a time in which I have felt that miserable. It was just a horrible experience; I couldn't hear anything, the bathrooms had shat all over the place (don't get me started on Cuban bathrooms. At least now right now), the one armed man had the worst homemade instrument ever and would not shut up, it was so humid (don't get me started on how sensitive my poor skin is - heat rash in winter? Yay). I was even looking forward to going, it's not like I went in with a bad attitude about it. I almost started crying like 10 times. It was bad. It doesn't sound that bad, I guess. You had to be there.

So those were the only miserable parts of the whole trip. Actually, I kind of like that I was stung by a jellyfish, it's a good story. So really baseball was the only miserable part of the whole trip. The best part was the portions of pizza they would give you at lunch and how you always got ice cream for desert. And good ice cream, too.

In other news, I am officially a pseudo-stalker, and by 'pseudo', I mean, 'learning', and by 'learning', I mean, 'Facebook'. What, pray tell, am I talking about?! Surely not a boy. I shouldn't admit that.




(This was seriously at the airport in Cuba. Real life Engrish! And I saw it first!!)

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I love this. I love that you got stung by a jellyfish. I love that you watched 5 hours of miserable baseball (although, I am partial to - and love - that sport). I JUST LOVE IT ALL, DANG.

And also, I love you. <3
Glad you had at least a little bit of fun in Cube-ah.

Post a Comment